Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping a Manual in Place of an Auto

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5BLT4FUN, Oct 22, 2001.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a question for anyone who has swapped a manual tranny in place of an auto. I am working on a 88 Blazer that came equipped with a 700R4 and have installed a NV4500 in its place. I need to know about some wiring going to the Park/Nuetral switch on the bottom of the column. I originally thought if I disconnected it the truck wouldn't start, but it will. So I need to know what this wiring is for. It is a two wire connector and the wires are Orange w/white stripe and Black w/ white stripe. If there is a GM Mechanic who knows or anyone else, please let me know. I am baffled.
    Thanks Layne

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I'm just guessing since no one else has said anything, but where is the reverse light switch?? I haven't had a problem with wither of those, so i never really investigated them. Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Its not the reverse switch wiring, I figured it out, but is on the same switch at the base of the column. Thanks anyway.

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!