Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping a tbi 454 in place of tbi 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Mar 1, 2005.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at purchasing an 87 Suburban, it would be just for the engine. He said it runs rough due to a problem with the fuel injection. Now I know the Throttle Body is different but what can be reused from my blazer's factory setup (89 blazer).

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Almost everything is the same on the wireing harness and will plug in except the IAC solonoid. and the TPS on a 87 is diferent than a 89. But you can easily splice solder and shrink wrap the right connectors on.

You can use the 350 ECM its is the same as 454. All you need to do is put the 454 chip in it

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've been interested in doing the same thing for a while. I know I can work out the mounting and everything but I'm worried about the computers. You're saying that if I get a complete TBI 454 basically everything will plug right in and all you need to do is get the chip from the truck with the 454??? That would be awesome.