Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping axles anythig else I should swap??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unicknn, Apr 6, 2003.

1. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

Im gonna be swapping in a 14bff and a d60 soon. Is there anything else I should change while Ive got the axles off?
    If its not too much trouble could you email responses to me. My email is nnnicholas@vinson.navy.mil. I am deployed on the USS Carl Vinso right now.

thanx
    Nick
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good time to improve the steering system... x-over + hydro? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif good time to do a lift too... have to take the stuff off anyway right. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

3. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

Ive already got enough lift for now. I got 4 inches and I dont want to mess with making the driveshafts bigger. Anything else I should change like u-joints or suspension upgrades? Im thinking about putting in some shackel flips maybe. Ive got a block lift and I want to get rid or that because I dont like it.

thanx
    Nick

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i have the same question, so if anyone has replyed to him cou;d you post the reply up here? i am definately lowering it from 6 inches to 4 or 3 inches by summer of 2005 because i'm moving to new hampshire and the max frame height there is 30 inches, so are shakle flips a good idea, i'm also thinking of the f150 springs everyone seems to like, my ride is totaly stiff right now and i'd like a softer ride and more flex which i believe the 57's offer and do i need to shorten my driveshaft, besides new smaller lift, trimming (for 38.5's), u-joints and driveshaft what else might i need, hydro is a little out of my price for now i think, what does hydro usually cost? sorry for hyjacking this thread, i just don't like seeing 2 posts of the same question. Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i am definately lowering it from 6 inches to 4 or 3 inches by summer of 2005

[/ QUOTE ]
    what kind of lift ya got? I am looking to go yrom 4" to 6 or 8 " maby we could work somthing out

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Ive already got enough lift for now. I got 4 inches and I dont want to mess with making the driveshafts bigger. Anything else I should change like u-joints or suspension upgrades? Im thinking about putting in some shackel flips maybe. Ive got a block lift and I want to get rid or that because I dont like it.

thanx
    Nick

[/ QUOTE ]Shackle Flips are great !! Can't wait too get mine installed.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

mine has blocks in rear and add aleaf in front, that's what people tell me i don't know anything else bout it though