Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping motor mounts...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Jul 28, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

how difficult is it to swap motor mounts with the motor still in.. i just put the dang thing in... the whole truck shakes when it is idling.... yes everything is tight...

2. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

i used a cinder block with a bottle jack and 2x4 under the oil pan so it would even the weight out and held the engine up that way.

3. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

The jack idea is the best way, just beware that you do ot over raise the engine and smack your distributer on the firewall (know this from experience).... And make sure you have a piece of 2x4 or 2x6 between the jack and oilpan,
    Good luck, I am doing this next weekend.
    Ed

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

might be kind of difficult, i've never done it, but the motor mounts were the most annoying part of my engine swap, everything else went flawlessly, but getting those things lined up was a PITA...
    you might run into problems trying to unbolt the mounts from the block or frame when its only raised a little bit, not much room to work in there...

5. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

id recomend getting a hoist because just jacking it up if it slips out of alignment youll have no way to move it back and jacking on the oilpan may dent it. to me id be to much trouble with just a floor jack