Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping out t-case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wfo163, Aug 31, 2004.

1. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

I have a rebuilt 205 with identical input and output shafts to replace the non engaging 205 currently in my k30. my question is simply how long does it take to swap the two cases? I just wanted to know so I can plan my weekend. Any particulars to watch out for? Thanks!

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My only advice is get a friend that thing is heavy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did one a couple of weeks ago and it took about 45mins by myself but that wasn't my first rodeo. I left the adaptor and crossmember atached to the tranny and just pulled the case. 8 bolts in the tcase to adaptor, four for each driveshaft and shifter linkage, speedo cable, and don't forget to check fluid level when finished. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

A tip I have is to run a strap or come along around the t-case and connect it to both frame rails. Also for dropping the t-case place some tires under it and just let it safly fall on them.

if your truck is not to tall renting or buying a tranny jack would be a good investment to make your life easier too

Those things are heavy, no need to try and lower it on your self. I have dropped t-cases all the time....just use your resources and not your back "or face" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

good luck..dont drop that thing on ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif