Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping parts from 87' K5 to 72' K5, will it work?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by liv24wheel, Feb 12, 2006.

1. liv24wheel

liv24wheel Registered Member

How many parts i.e. steering box, 350ci, 700R4, np208, leafs, steering column, etc. from a 1987 K5 will fit on the frame and body of a 1972 K5? My body is all rusted out and I found a smokin deal on a rust free tub and frame so I see a new project in the future! I am just trying to get an idea on how much work this will be. Thanks.

2. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

throw it on it will work dont that with a pickup should be the same you will have a little time tied up in the colum (rewire, some trimming in dash not bad)

3. liv24wheel

I issue I am afraid of: I just got my steering box tapped for hydro fittings from Redneck, anyone off hand know if the steering boxes have the same mounting design? What kind of issues with the column? are they totally different?

4. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

i feel your pain

im looking at basiclt the same thing you are. i just bought a 72 blazer and have a 87 pickup. im looking at switching my axles, suspension, and motor over into my 72. bad thing is i dont have the blazer at my house yet to measure suspension items or compare.

5. liv24wheel

I hear that, the blazer I was gonna buy ended up selling for too much so I am just going to fix some cancer spots on my 87' and beat it up for another season.