Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping power window guts out for manual...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 9, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok i have 2 doors..one was the one from my truck which has manual windows and is rusty as hell..i through a power window door on it from my blazer...and i want to switch the guts out from them..(make power door manual) but the wire harness is not in the power door and the window is up. is it possible to take the guts out with the power window up or would it have to be brought down? and if i have to put the harness back in...how can i wire the door up to make the window work? if i can do that ill just leave it as power

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

uhh anyone?? i really wanna get this done tonight!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

I just swapped my power doors with manual ones takes about an hour. you can remove the power units with the windows up just need to take the vents out first and go for it. once you start to remove the bolts the glass should give enough for you to get it out

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm i thought you cant get the vents out with the window up at least i had trouble with that when taking it out

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i really wish someone would do a writeup on this, i wanna get rid of my power window chit too... but I dont wanna screw it up and have a windowless rig for weeks at a time either... cause my rig is my DD. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i KNOW there is some guy on here that is a guru and knows how to do this kinda mod... help us window-conversions-newbies out!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea same here..if i knew for sure it could be done id get my ass out there now..i dont mind stayin up late as long as i get it done cause my truck is a daily as well..and i need it tomorrow mourning at 7 am lol

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well just got it finished..took me more like an hour and half...not bad biggest pain in the arse was getting the regulator arms to get in the channels for the window and getting it bolted to the door..the stuff came off in like a couple minuts though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

well chit man, i hope u took pics of all this for a write up... Im still worried I'll chit the bed and mess my DD up... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

didnt even think about it...but if you have any questions when u take it apart IM away to me..id be glad to help!

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was stupid enough to throw out the old doors from my blazer. now i'm stuck with power doors that don't work half the time /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif