Swapping Seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mch, Apr 5, 2003.

1. mch

mch Registered Member

Oct 20, 2002
    A friend of mine recently ditched his suzuki samarai seats for some factory Mazda seats. Someone makes an adapter so the other seats bolted right in without any headache. I have an 88 K5 with trashed seats. I was hoping to find some late model seats out of a wrecked car for $100-200 or so, and bolt them into the K5.
    Does anyone know of a similar adapter we could use on our Blazers? It's a shame someone has gone through the hassle to make similar adapters for Samurai's, but not a real vehicle like a Chevy.
    I have been unable to locate any adapters. It seems that seat companies will sell you an adapter if you buy their aftermarket seats which cost a lot more than factory seats from a wrecked vehicle.
    I'd appreciate any links. Thanks.
  2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dec 20, 2002
    Seats from a Talon Laser or Eclipse (the ones with flip up headlights) work well because they are flat on bottom they are easy to adapt. Places do have adaptors for blazers they are just for custom seats though Sami guys are cheap ( I should know I have one) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif