Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping to a serpentine belt? Heres some help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Dec 22, 2005.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I seen a couple of guys who swapped from v-belts to a serpentine system, but did not have the correct idler assembly to get rid of the AC compressor. The factory pieces are hard to find (actually two separate idler assemblies). At least around here. I spent awhile today trying to source other options when I came across this:

Dorman part 34152. It replaces the compressor, and uses the same factory sized belt - no guessing at length.

I ordered one from the local bumper-to-bumper/O'reilly's. With military discount it was $25.99. It was special order, but should be in Monday or Tuesday.

34152.jpeg

2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Just an FYI,

LMC also carries this part too. It's called an A/C bypass pulley and is part 32-2750, and is $24.95

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I guess I missed it when paging through the catalog. I'm just glad I don't have to keep looking for the right pieces!

4. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

I think it just showed up in their newest catalog (page 97 of the 2005 fall edition Blazer/Jimmy catalog)

5. 72 SAC

72 SAC Registered Member

It might be a good thing that you missed it. Cause with that mil discount and no tax, you still paid less. Shipping is going to be alot more then a buck.