Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping to Chevy outer parts on a Ford 60?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Aug 18, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well I think I'm puting a Ford 60 under my k5. High Pinion just has too many advantages as well as the driver side pumpkin. I just need to know, what can I do for the outer parts? My IROKs are 15" rim tires. So I need to swap to Chevy parts or 3/4 ton bracketry. Is there a setup that I can use on the Ford Knuckles or should I just eliminate the Weaker Ford parts and go right to Dedenbear Chevy Knuckles?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

had a few people say I should just swap and sell my Chevy 60 with the Ford outer parts. Would anyone be interested in such a setup? I wouldn't be worried about swapping at all if not for the stupid larger brake setup that I can't run with my rims.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    had a few people say I should just swap and sell my Chevy 60 with the Ford outer parts. Would anyone be interested in such a setup? I wouldn't be worried about swapping at all if not for the stupid larger brake setup that I can't run with my rims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't even run a ford 60 with ford outers if I had chevy stuff sitting right there.

Anybody that doesn't care about running 15" wheels will be glad it has the big calipers, just sell it that way.

Put the Chevy knuckles and outers on your Ford 60 and run it. That's the best setup you can make with factory parts if you ask me.

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I've got 15" rims on my ford 60 /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I didn't think you could do it with any amount of grinding. I will still swap just to keep my Chevy knuckles and parts. High steer/knuckle strength is another concern.

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

They fit..but it's tight, very tight