Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swapping to Fuel Injection FINAL EXAM PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I have: 85'blazer w/ q-jet on an edelbrock performer intake w/blocked off egr and zero smog pump etc.

I will buy (tomorrow): holley 2d fuel injection from Sandman for 400 (includes everything but the intake and fuel pump). What must I do to put this on. I am mentally challenged when it comes to really "technical" automotive jargon so bear with me. Any and all help is appreciated. Oh, and has anyone dealt with Sandman and if so were all dealings good? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You'll need an intake off a stock TBI set up or any of the aftermarket makers (edelbrock or a holley)

for the pump I'd thumb through summit or jegs and see what they have if not call a local parts house and see what they can get as far as an inline pump (bosch, carter...)

and as I said in chat sandmans a good guy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Jeremy

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    What must I do to put this on. I am mentally challenged when it comes to really "technical" automotive jargon so bear with me. Any and all help is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, to help you out, I'll type up a Blazer specific install sheet. Where to mount the pump, where to run the lines, how much line to get, etc. Hopefull narrow it down to one trip to the parts store.

The last deal I had was with Swanson52. I think he'll give me a good reference. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heres the pics again:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and has anyone dealt with Sandman and if so were all dealings good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealing with Sandman is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Matt went out of his way to help me out, treated me great, and swung me a hell of a deal. Never hesitate to do business with him.