Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping window motors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FlatBlackBurb, Apr 9, 2007.

1. FlatBlackBurb

FlatBlackBurb 1/2 ton status

hey i have a 87 chevy suburban and the drivers door window motor is totally dead. i know because the switch works. is it possible to swap out the motor from the left rear passenger right behind the driver (the only window that works somewhat well in my truck) to the drivers window? or should i just screw the whole thing and go buy another motor

2. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

Get a new one. Napa sells them for my '85 K5 (should be the same) for $30. You'll need part of the bracket from your old one though...so don't throw it away out of frustration prior to installing your new one:doah:

3. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

i think mine was like 40bucks or so at discount auto parts..... i replaced both motors, lubed them very good...and they're both slow as hell. my dads jimmy's windows haul ass. im not sure why, but i don't care. power windows are a life saver sometimes.:D

4. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Lets check to see if we can find any working ones at the picknpull tommorow since were going anyways.