Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar bolt size?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, Jul 23, 2000.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm making swaybar disconnects and I need to know what size the bolt is. I would measure my own truck but it's still at the body shop and I want to get these done by Monday afternoon so I can possibly install them before they put the fenders back on. I need the diameter of the bolt and the length of the bushings in the end of the bar.

On a side note (nothing to do with K5's), can anyone recommend a good marine radio (CB)? I just bought a 20' Century and it needs one before I go on vacation next week.
    Thanks guys...

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Bolt is a 3/4" bolt with a 1 1/8" head. The measurement of the bushing is roughly 1 3/4" - 2". I made my own swaybar disconnects too.

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Thanks Mudzer, I knew someone on here would have that info laying around. Looks like I'll be spending tomorrow afternoon in the machine shop.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. Nike

Nike Registered Member

I am doing the same project. I bought a polyurathane swaybar bushing kit from one of the aftermarket suppliers for about 30 bucks and you get a set of bushings for the swaybar which can be used on your bracket if the ones in your actual swaybar aren't in too bad of shape. You also get a set of poly front supports (greasable) and the brackets. There is a certain size schedule 40 pipe, or it may be .120 tubing that will work with these bushings but I forgot the size, go to your supplier with your handy metal inside / outside measuring device. You will then need to pick up a 3/4 " pin from a farm supplier to attach the swaybar to your bracket and you should be in business. Hope this helps. Nike in Mo.

Blue