Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar bracket ...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Aug 30, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok looking under the blazer and I see a new crack.....Hum the sway bar bracket that is with the eng. crossmember is split..(that will teach me to wheel with it on)
    So my ??? is the bracket just for holding the sway bar on or does it tie into the eng crossmember....

I.E I am going to ditch the sway bar this weekend and if I just leave the bracket cracked it will be ok or should I weld it up.....

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I think your talking about the u shaped piece with the 2 bolts holding it on with a rubber bushing there are 2 of these right you can ditch them with the sway bar, they don't affect the crossmember at all.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Yes those were it and thanks ..It was wierd I guess that the bracket split and not where the bolt holes are just in the middle/side..OH well...It comes off this weekend...mike