Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway Bar Bushing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stepinstevo, Dec 3, 2006.

1. stepinstevo

stepinstevo Newbie

Looking for some insight.I have an 88 k5 blazer with a 1 1/4 sway bar I need to install the end bushing but need some info on how to get them on.Do I need to have these rubber bushing pressed in or what? Any info would be great!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  2. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I have or should I say had the same issue with my 86. After reading some threads on here and speaking with my mechanic I decided to just yank the sway bar entirely and just finished doing it about an hour ago. I took it around the block and didn't notice any difference.

3. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

If your running stock than you will notice a difference. I have 2 inch add a-leaf on my front springs. I took mine off the only time i noticed it was making extremle quick lane changes on the highway. I like it better with it off, but my dad made me put it back on:mad: . But I took it back off when i was doing a brake change. I noticed it looked bent then i got to looking at it and it was being held ont by two bolt:haha: (guess tracktor supply dont have good grade 8 bolts)