Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sway bar bushings help!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Aug 19, 2004.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ordered OEM parts and they were wrong but dealer says they're right! Tried to order Energy Suspension but they say they don't do them for a '91 V10/1500?/ Anybody know where I can get them? I'm in England but I'll order from the States. They look like all the earlier ones to me but the dealer gave me some sort of isolastic bonded type ones?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The dealer probably sold you stuff for a C/K series (IFS body style) truck. Maybe have them double check that.

You should be able to drop back in years to an '85 model application and get the correct one. Worst case Energy Suspension sells kits with bushing and brackets that you can order based on bracket bolt pattern and sway bar diameter.

3. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

hmmm.....
    I've found having no sway bar helps with having to find
    bushings.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. southernspeed

Yeah, I reckon they're IFS parts but they won't listen. Energy Susp. just said they don't cover that model. I said that they list K5 to '91 so that must be the ones but he was veerrrryyy un helpful!

5. southernspeed

Was going to run without it on my off roader but this is for my DD which does a bit of tow work too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'd have to find the part number when I get home , but energy suspension makes them for your truck , you have to use their clamp to the frame though . Ran those when truck was stock . I run thier red greasable frame bushings now , their a little thin , but I disconnect when wheeling so they'll last a long time /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. southernspeed

If you can get me the P/N that would be really helpful. If you can post it up or PM me I'd really appreciate it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Instead of waiting for me to get home , go here Energy Suspension themselves These are complete seys with the brackets for the frame .

So 81-91 is 1 1/4" OD p/n # 3.5118

and 73-80 is 1 1/16" OD p/m # 3.5179 or 1 1/4" OD p/n # 3.5180 so you have to measure bar

Enjoy , and tell those parts guys they suck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. southernspeed

That's the P/N I suggested to the guy at Energy Susp but he said it wasn't for mine! So I've ordered them anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif