Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar correction/disconnect?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 77K5Blazer, Jun 13, 2001.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Will this affect anything on a stock vehicle? It says on your site that it helps with correcting lifted vehicles, mine is stock...will it be alright? By the way...just finished speaking to James at your place, and ordered a steering box brace...thank you! How's your dog?

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs</font color=red>
    "Awh....Prarie $hit!!" -Blazing Saddles

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

$215 worth of "keeping an eye on him" later and everything is good with the pooch. Not sure what made him sick but he had us all worried.

Disconnects work fine on a stock height. There are some cautions in the instructions, like making sure the brackets lay down when you disconnect the bar, and making sure you have good bumpstops if you're going to get aggressive with it, but they do pretty good. That's why we minimized the height of the brackets, so they would work with a short or stock ride height.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/logo_ordsmall.gif[/image]
    SW-ORD

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

$215 worth of "keeping an eye on him" later and everything is good with the pooch. Not sure what made him sick but he had us all worried.

Disconnects work fine on a stock height. There are some cautions in the instructions, like making sure the brackets lay down when you disconnect the bar, and making sure you have good bumpstops if you're going to get aggressive with it, but they do pretty good. That's why we minimized the height of the brackets, so they would work with a short or stock ride height. The project Stinky for Fourwheeler ran at stock height with the disconnects for a while and worked out great. I don't remember how it ramped, but it was pretty good for a "drive it off the lot" suspension.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/logo_ordsmall.gif[/image]
    SW-ORD

4. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

All right, that is the next thing on my wish list! Bankruptcy...here I come! I am really looking forward to getting my brace this week, James said it would be here by Tuesday at the very latest, I am looking forward to it! Thanks for the info, and the wonderful customer service you have at ORD!

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs</font color=red>
    "Awh....Prarie $hit!!" -Blazing Saddles