Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SWAY BAR DISCANECTS?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chase, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase Registered Member

ARE THEY CHEAP EXPENSIVE HOW THEY WORK I GOT A 90 GMC SUBURBAN WITH 4"LIFT AND 35"TIRES HELP ME OUT PLEASE
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

What's a sway bar? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just kidding I threw mine away I think ORD sells them for like one bill or about! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Basically you pull a pin and your swaybar is no longer connected giving you more flex, when done wheelin, line it back up, put pin back in and you have road handling. I think they also raise your swaybar mount. Sotck your swaybar was like --- that angle, now w/ a susp lift yours prob looks like mine at \ angle. WIth the kit it gets it back closer to --- so it will ride smoother. I agree, about $100 or so.

4. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Is this a DD? I ditched the swaybars on my '90 K5 and used to drive it 55 miles everyday with no problems. You just got to take the interstate off-ramps a bit slower and maybe get some motion sickness tablets for your passengers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif With the 'burbans extra wheel-base, I'd guess you won't miss your swaybar much at all.

I read your other post about "flex". Shackle flip will help that out a bunch. I used an ORD, but there are some "home-brew" creations that will give you the same result. I've actually got a set of stock shackle hangers laying around. You could cut them up to make a shackle flip like tRusty did on his K5. (Ok, I couldn't find tRusty's but here's a link to one found in the technical section, http://coloradok5.com/shackleflip.shtml )

PM me if you need an extra set of hands to work on your rig.

Lance