Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway Bar Disconnect

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DuneRunner, Aug 6, 2001.

1. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Currently my Blazer has a 2.5 in. lift. I was wondering with (ORDs) Sway Bar Disconnect do I have to get new front shocks? I have the ProComp ES3000s at all 4 corners. They where cheep as you all know. But they work.

A.I.G.A. (Any Info Greatly Appreciated)

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

You don't HAVE to get new shocks, but the odds are that the shocks will limit droop and stuff, with the swaybar disconnected, but that depends on how long they really are, how much room to the bump stops, etc. it really depends on what your going to do with it and how much flex you're looking for.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I bought the ORD sway bar disconnects and greaseable front shackles because Stephen recommended them for my 3" lift to solve my problem with the front end riding too rough. I installed the sway bar disconnects first and tried them on a fishing trip of about 500 miles. I found the front end was not a harsh ride anymore and feel they were a great improvement to my truck. Very easy to install and had no effect on my shock length or valving. It wasn't until Stephen pointed out the effect of the sway bar binding up that I realized why my 3" lift rode so rough. I am now installing the shackles and hope to see even more improvement. With a 2 1/2" lift, I would install them, just to be on the safe side.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

You mean getting the new front shackes from ORD? Right.
    I plan on it. Luckly my K5 is not my daily driver. Thank you for the info....
    Got to run the Work Bell Is 'a sounden....Hopefully I can check 2night. If not first thing tomorrow.... Thanks KeN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!