Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar disconnect

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by stallion85, Feb 15, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I just installed a disconnect kit and new poly bushing kit on the Jimmy. I was wondering if any one has had problems with stiffness on the pins and trouble lining the sway bar back up with the brackets. It was a pain in arse just to get the things in and was wondering if anyone had some tips for me. I read on the CK5 write up to not tighten the brackets on the crossmember to tight but shouldn't they be tight? I mean do you have to keep them loose to operate the kit?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Any tips or ideas would help out great. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am having the same problem. I am gonna try loosening the frame mounts and lubing them as I did not do that yet. But I'd love to hear more on this. I loved the quality of my ORD products themselves though. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The swaybar is a pain in the butt to line up.

What we've had the best luck with is adding a washer or two between the mounting bracket and the frame at the front, that way is has a bit less pre-load on it and it will grip the bar with a little less friction and you should be able to move it around. Then, you carry a small hammer in a handy place for hooking the swaybar back up. You can usually get one side of the bar hooked up with relatively few problems, then for the other side, you may have to park on a slight incline, run up on a curb or rock, or maybe even just rock the truck side to side to get it to line up. We have a pretty good taper on the pins so if you get it close, you can tap it in with the hammer and be done. It's not always a clean and easy job but it's way easier than taking the swaybar loose without the disconnects.

You might search on this subject too, I know it's been discussed.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Thanks Stephen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I will try it...just wondering if it was normal. I love the product though /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif