Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sway bar disconnects??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Apr 23, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

On the sway bar disconnects, are they worth it if you dont "plan" on disconnecting the sway bar. Sound like an obvious answer, but I was reading that they relocate the sway bar for a lift and makes it handle better and everything. It sounds like this might be better to do this than get the sway bar relocation kit with the lift kit. Any info would be appreciated. Maybe I'm just really lost!!!

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i have the warrior disco's on my 1990k5 and they work gr8--and if you wheel at all they are an absolute must!!! +their cheap

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would do it you will be happy with it

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

What are the warrior disco's?? Where do you get them and how cheap? Are they like ORD's????

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

What are the warrior disco's?? Where do you get them and how cheap? Are they like ORD's????

6. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a set of used ORD swaybar disconnects that I am taking off a truck and will be selling if you are interested.

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

8. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Swaybar? Whats that? I've had mine off my rig for 2+years now and love it. Noticed very little to no difference in sway. But a huge difference in wheeling.

9. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I sent you a private. Why dont you want them if they are so good??
    And does any one have an answer to my original ?? Are there any advavtages other than disconnecting the sway bar. I dont think I will be cause I'm not crazy about the sawzall. Looks good on everone elses, I just cant seem to start cutting up my fenders. Or should I just get the sway bar relocating kit?????

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    ORD disconnects work great but I agree with waxer, I can hardly tell a difference with them off. They do raise the rear location to the axle which will help it work better with a lift. New bushings help also. Is your truck just for street?

[​IMG]

11. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The reason I have a set that I am taking off is that I am doing a crossover steering conversion and the sway bar will be in the way. I have a 6" lift up front and instead of relocating the swaybar I used the ORD disconects and it helped the ride and the bumpsteer somewhat. The disconnects main function is to allow more articulation offroad, which they do. If you are a weekend warrior and use your K5 as a daily driver I would recommend the disconnects, but if you just use the K5 to wheel in then remove the sway bar and enjoy the articulation.

12. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

It is primarily on the street. Will be about 80/20 or so. Dont want to cut the fenders thogh. So from what youguys are saying I should go with the disconnects rathere than relocating kit right? Thanks for the help!!