Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway Bar Disconnects

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sandy78, Dec 27, 2002.

1. sandy78

sandy78 Registered Member

Installing on stock K5. Instructions say to mount horiz. How horizonal are we talking? All the way horiz. hits the spring plate. And won't horizontal move the bar's position relative to the frame? I've got it apart and hope to get it back together tomorrow. Any info. appreciated.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

OK, you only rotate the mounting brackets horizontal when the bar is UN HOOKED. When the bar is pinned to the brackets the brackets will be in a straight up and down orientation, or close to it. The reason you turn them down when the bar is unhooked is for a little extra clearance, that's all.
    Hope this helps

3. sandy78

sandy78 Registered Member

Thanks,

Everything went together very well. I can't wait to try it out!

4. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I must have misunderstood the instructions as well. I tried last night to turn the mounting brackets horizontaly and thought there is no way this will hook up like this /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Thanks for the clarification. I love having my swaybar back on, no longer feel like i'm about to roll over on onramps. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif