Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway Bar discos

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jfabert, Oct 13, 2006.

1. jfabert

jfabert 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. Blue90

Blue90 1/2 ton status

Nope

I have the ORD disconnection and it's by far not esey to disconnect or reconnect, but i gaurentee you it'll be just as dificult process for those. Aside from that those dont look durable at all.

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I had the ORD ones, I disagree, I think these would be easier to (dis)connect. that said. Don't bother. Ditch your sway bar for good, save the weight, enjoy the benefits. I couldn't tell the difference and that was a Burb usually loaded, and with mostly road miles.

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like how they list years up to 2006. the IFS trucks use end links.:haha: I feel sorry for the guy who orders these for his 90's chevy. I had the ORD disco's. they worked fine. I would rather line up a big pin that I can run in with a hammer then the little pins on those things.

If it matters I gave up on the swaybar a long time before the truck stopped being driven on the street. It does have an effect with soft springs. once you take it off you will get used to it and drive accordingly.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had the disco's on my truck along time ago. They were a PITA to reconnect and I put alot of grease on them like they say too. I drove home from the trail one day with the swaybar disconnected because it was to much of a PITA to deal with and I realized that they swaybar doesn't really do much if you have lift springs. It helps with a little nose dive during hard braking and some body roll in corners but nothing worth keeping the swaybar for or fighting with it to disconnect and reconnect.

Harley

6. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the ORD ones and am happy with them. I use white Synthetic grease on them. I am going to yank them when I do the Xover though. I have run it disconected and it was no big deal. Almost pointless to have it on there.

7. jfabert

I pulled the sway bar on my K10 but that truck never went over 40, way to scarey. I drive my K5 to work every day on the free way and didnt know how it would react at higher speeds. if it aint that much diffrent I would rather pull it and spend the money some were elce. how will it act diffrent with out it while towing? I have a small camp trailer and Ill be leaving for the deer hunt in a week and plan on doing some wheeling while im out.

8. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I drive mine to work several times a week and I can say that i do not notice the sway bar being disconnected. At first it seemed to wander on the road more. Now all i notice is that the ride seems smoother and that the vehicle rolls just a little more in the corners. I still have the disco's on my truck but they havent been hooked up in a several months now. I do like ord's design more because as previously mentioned i like to be able to run them in with a hammer as well.

9. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I run ORD's and yes it is a PITA if the truck is not level. But those little pins and nothing to hold swaybar up when disconnected. Hmmmm I'd say ORD :D IMO

10. jfabert

you want to sell them?:D

Waht about towing with no bar?

11. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

IVe got the ORDs, but havent DISCO'd them yet and drove it around. I need to do that and see if I can live without a sway bar. My issue is I do mainly city driving, if I can live without the sway bar, ill have the ORDs up for sale.