Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar eye bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by David W, Feb 3, 2002.

1. David W

David W Newbie

I've got an '86 full size Blazer that needs the eye bushings replaced but nobody in my area can press the new ones in. Is there an after-market 2-piece polygraphite available that I can install?

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Enery Suspension sells a 2pc kit that you can put in once you get the old bushing out. I used a small dia. drill bit to drill holes in the rubber bushing, and then push the metal sleeve out. Once that is out, you can install the poly bushing halves, and then drive in the sleeve. You might check inside the swaybar ends for rust buildup. I had to go in w/a die grider and carbide to remove some in order to get the new bushing to fit properly.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We typically sell the whole kit since it's $17.00 to do the whole swaybar. If you need just eye bushings we can do that too but it usually involves splitting a kit anyway. We do recommend some cleanup work on the eyes, they often have sharp edges on the hole edge.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>