Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sway bar fix

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bosifus, Sep 5, 2000.

1. bosifus

bosifus Registered Member

I installed a 6' in lift a couple of years ago and my sway bar (front) would not connect back up correctly. The point where it mounts to the axle is about an inch and a half too short. Anyone know of a kit I can purchase to set this straight? Much abliged...

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I bought a sway bar drop kit a few years back, but don't remember the part number. It is basically two blocks that mount between the cross member and the sway bar mounting brackets at the top. this allows you to rehook up the sway bar after adding a lift. Personnally after taking my swaybar off I don't think I'll ever put it back on.

David 75K5

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I disconected mine about two and a half years ago to see how much suspension travel I would gain. I thought it could'nt hurt to drive it like that for a few days, so I left it like that. Well I never even noticed it was'nt connected anymore![​IMG] The truck still corners flat and handles as well as it did with the sway bar. Its just dead weight to me!

I figure if you have soft suspension you'll need it and it will be obvious that you need it, try driving without it for a while, you might be surprised.
    Rene

[​IMG]

4. bosifus

bosifus Registered Member

To be honest with you guys I really don't notice a big difference either, the truck has always handled well in the corners so I guess I will skip it.Maybe I should just pull the thing out while I am at it and lighten it up a few pounds. Thanks.

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Off Road Design make a sway bar correction/disconnect for about $80. May want to check with them to see if this will work on your lift. Works fine on the four inch lift I have.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, yank it while you are under there. I have Superride(softride) springs and I have mine off. You may need to watch a bit more in the corners, but I have never felt unsafe.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com