Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sway bar ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b laub, Jan 19, 2005.

1. b laub

b laub Registered Member

im gonna put a 6inch skyjacker lift on my 83 3/4 ton pickup and i was wondering if i need lowering brackets for my sway bar and if so where can i get the stuff for that thanx

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

If you even want it connected you will need the drop brackets. I have then still attached to my sway bar whick is hanging on the wall in my garage. If you really want them let me know.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Where at in Illinois, If you are close enough you can come pick then up

4. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

i put a 6 in rough country lift on one of mine and the sway bar still worked with out the drop brakets. dont know what good it was doing at that angle.

in my opinion ditch the sway bar dosent do any good with that lift any how

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You are correct in saying that it won't do any good. I have a 6" Skyjacker on my truck and it rides fine without it.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have a 6" lift on my K20 and I took my sway bar off and threw it away. Drive without it and see if you like it. If you must have a sway bar, use quick discos from ORD

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With a 6" lift you should not need a swaybar. It will just make the ride rougher and flex less. A friend of mine's dad has Procomp 6" lift springs and his swaybar is dropped and connected. It rides like ass. Part of that is the procomp springs but part of that is the swaybar.

I have run for a few years now without a swaybar on both a 2.5" lift and a 4" lift and I don't miss the swaybar one bit. I would never consider running a swaybar on my truck again.

Harley

8. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont know about a 6" lift, but on my 3" lift i have front and rear sway bars. i cant really noticed it unhooked putting around town, but taking high speed corners(my truck can still do that w/ 33's) and zipping around in general there is alot of body roll without them. i tried driving down from my local mountain one time without hooking them back up... couldnt go thru a corner at more than 20mph, were before it was more like 40. plus the feeling like the rigs gonna roll right over.

all depends on how stiff ure spring are, how much cargo u have, and most important, your driving style. i'd agree with everyone else... try it without first before u go buying brackets and stuff to make it line up.

9. b laub

b laub Registered Member

ok well i will see how it rides without it and if i dont like it i would like to have ur e-mail if i decide to get those brackets mines b_laub85@yahoo.com just send me a message so i iwll have urs

10. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

E-Mail sent