Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swaybar disco's

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by jms, Apr 21, 2004.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Swaybar disco\'s

Stephen, I'm sure the swaybar disconnects are flying off the ORD shelves without wacko customer testimonials, but for what it's worth, here's mine: On the Moab EJS Gold Bar Rim / Golden Spike trail ride, I was playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony all the way back down from Gold Bar Rim and the CD player didn't cut out a single time, thanks to the sweet ride with the disconnected sway bar /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I do have some tire rub marks on the front inner fenders, though; I guess I'll have to cut a bit more... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Swaybar disco\'s

It does make me kind of happy to hear about the good old swaybar disconnects. Kind of a nostalgia thing I guess, that was the 1st ORD product so it's nice to hear they're still getting the job done. My ride back from gold bar was a mix of longing for the smooth worry free ride of Wally and taking comfort in the lack of sand and rain water in my various orifices. That was a good day for an enclosed vehicle I think. And it's nice to prove it doesn't take coilovers to go fourwheeling.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It does make me kind of happy to hear about the good old swaybar disconnects. Kind of a nostalgia thing I guess, that was the 1st ORD product so it's nice to hear they're still getting the job done. My ride back from gold bar was a mix of longing for the smooth worry free ride of Wally and taking comfort in the lack of sand and rain water in my various orifices. That was a good day for an enclosed vehicle I think. And it's nice to prove it doesn't take coilovers to go fourwheeling. Between you me and Doug, we had the street modified class of that trail ride covered!

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    .... And it's nice to prove it doesn't take coilovers to go fourwheeling. Between you me and Doug, we had the street modified class of that trail ride covered!

[/ QUOTE ]

Street modified class - I like that. It has actually crossed my mind to go to a crawling competition one of these days and try it just for the heck of it, but I believe the rear D60 in my truck would exclude me from the Stock/Mod class where you have to have factory axles.

5. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

What a great product they are still too. I am just about to finally give mine up now that a crossover steering is in the near future. I am really not wanting to take them off as they have been one of the best bolt-ons I and many others have ever seen. Up here in Whidbey island we get navy guys from all over who, when looking at my truck, notice those discos and start to salivate. Thanks for such wonderful fabrication!

6. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

ill take em if you dont want them anymore /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I do have some tire rub marks on the front inner fenders, though; I guess I'll have to cut a bit more... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll throw my .02 also... back in Feburary I put a set on my '76 K5, it has a 4" lift...I ran The TDS (Tierra Del Sol) Desert Safari this March...WOW what a difference /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif last year I only rubbed a little on the fenders.. but this year I HAD to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the rear part of the front fenders and when all was said and done I still rubbed the inner fender wells /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif.. The Disco's were a great improvement and the street ride with them hooked up and it placing the swap bar in the correct position is also sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif