Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swaybar lowering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Aug 29, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I did a 4" Skyjacker lift about a month ago and was looking at my front end tonight and noticed there is quite a bit of strain on my sway bar when the truck is just sitting there.
    Do they sell a lowering kit for this? I wonder why this issue wasn't adressed in my kit?

BTW...picked up my 35X12.5 SSR's today..Woohoo!!! HAD to tell someone lol /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

The bad news is ...I have to swap my axles to use them cause i bought 8 lug rims to go with my 3/4 ton axles(that are out in the barn)

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

A disconnect kit will relocate the the ends back up and give you the option to flex better with a pop of the pins. I've been thinking of making a relocation kit to help those with cross over steering to re-install a working swaybar without interference, kind of along the lowering lines you were thinking of.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

superlift makes a kit to lower it as does some of the others. but I personaly would go with the ORD disco's for the option of removing the sway bar for wheeling.

-Jeremy

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

DUDE!!! Straight up....Just remove the damn gay-bar...I mean sway bar... I have a 4" skyjacker and removed mine and I swear there is little to no difference in handling... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yep, Pull it off. Handles bumps much better.

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I made some brackets of my own using a some 2"x3" square tube. Just lowered it 2" where it mounts to the frame.

7. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

You need to drop the swaybar.........on the ground and just leave it there. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Before you buy ANYTHING!!!! Unhook it and go down the road for a day or two. If you don't like it on the road, you'll LOVE it offroad. Buy the disco kit from Watson and be done.

Personally, I didn't give mine that much of a chance /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I never bothered to put it back any where NEAR my truck. I will NEVER run it again. It rides MUCH better without and flexes 100x better offroad.

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see that, got pics? I'm getting ready to swap a set of 57" fords onto the front, yes front. But the flex is so nasty that I don't want to run swaybar-less on the street. My stiff rancho front springs make the sway bar a useless item uintil the 57" spring swap in the rear. The front 57's might let it fall over around a corner given the amount of high speed city street driving I do. Can you see see an open straight line from the back of the steering box to the top of the opposite kingpin with your swaybar lowered?

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Gonna have to fall into line here...chuck the swaybar. You'll have to get rid of it anyway when you go to crossover steering and some 38's. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif