Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swaybar on Wally

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BigRed89, Apr 28, 2004.

1. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Oct 28, 2002
    Miniwally posted the following in the Center of Gravity forum and it got me thinking - [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What about sway.... Do you currently run a front swaybar? Coilovers on both ends may find you dragging your doorhandles around a 30 mph turn... Frisbee and Watson have alot of experience here....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do think about this. I currently am not running swaybars on my buggy but I have low unsprung weight compared to a chopped K5. Stephen did put a swaybar on the rear of his and has liked it alot. His is setup well enough that the sway bar only limited his travel on a test ramp by about 2 inches.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What diameter is the swaybar that you are using on Wally? How long is the swaybar? And finally, how long are the sway bar arms that you are using?
    Thanks, ED
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    This is from memory from over a year ago but I think it's a 13/16 bar, length is about 37" (?) and I added on to the arms so they're about 20" I think? They're adjustable so it can vary.
    The truck acted OK without the bar, it's just more predictable now. Even with the full body, the body roll wasn't bad but now it's better. It did make the truck handle more "loose". In 2wd it's pretty easy to kick the rear end out but how much of that is due to the 60/40 weight bias and the big block fun factor I'm not sure.