Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swaybar won't fit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by wnderbra, Jan 28, 2001.

1. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

swaybar won\'t fit

I just installed a 4 inch shackle kit and 6 inch tuff country springs in the front. I really don't like the way it handles without the swaybar (I't would'nt bolt back up). What is the best fix for this? The suspension works great and the shackle kit was a cool project because it all fit like it was supposed too.Just need a little help Thanks

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: swaybar won\'t fit

What do you mean it wont fit? At the u-bolt plates or at the front frame under the radiator? If its at the u-bolt plates, loosen the plates up and then align the bar to get the bolts started. Tighten everything up. If its the frame part and they dont come close to aligning, you may need to buy a sway bar drop bracket kit from any lift kit company. Contact one of them and tell them your situation.

3. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

The swaybar is about two inches too low at the frame i've never seen a drop bracket the only thing I could find is ORD disconnect/correction If you have any idea on what company to call that would be cool

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The drop brackets are pretty basic, a piece of tube with some holes in it.
    I'd of course recommend the disconnect, did you expect anything less? :-)
    Really though, it would raise the back of the bar by 2", provide a pivot so the swaybar doesn't bind up the suspension, and allow you to unhook it easily. Easier than unbolting it anyway.
    The pivot is pretty important with a 6" spring since most have a longer main leaf and a decent arch to them. When they flatten out, they move the axle back, and the swaybar doesn't follow that arc so it binds it up. With a pivot from the disconnects, it doesn't bind.
    This is the same reason our HD shackles are longer than stock. The springs will hit the frame when they compress if you don't use a little longer shackle on it.
    Hope this helps
    SW

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

5. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Go with ORD's disconnects. They work great.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]

6. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey Wonderbra,

Havent seen you around for a while. Pop me an email man when I am back in town I want to get up with you and take a look at the new mods. I got some new ideas for my Blazer too.

Later

Eddie

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?