Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swaybar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Forgot to get a drop kit for the swaybar, so didn't put it back on when finished the 6" suspension lift this evening. Does anyone see any problem running without one ??? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Should be fine , lots of people toss them.... just have a little more body roll when cornering.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

when i put my 2.5in lift in i didnt put it back on and have no regrets(sp?)

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No problem running without it. If you decide that you want to keep it I would recommend that instead of the drop kit you buy the ORD disconnect kit. Best of both worlds, you can disconnect it for more articulation and it also allows the proper movement since you lifted the truck 6"

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Leave it off. I have the same springs as you (6" Superlift Softride), when I first put on the lift I put the sway bar back on and it rode real stiff. I pulled it off to try and gain some flex and not only did it flex much better, but it rode 100 times better too. I've never wanted to put it back on since then. </font color>

6. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Depends on how you intend to use the truck. I like to head up north in the winters and this means sometimes icy conditions at freeway speeds. I wanted as little body roll as possible, and running without a swaybar was not an option. The disconnect kit allows the best of both worlds. They can be a pain to reconnect though if you are not on a totally level surface, or by yourself.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good point, I have the disconnects and it is easier if you carry a hammer to tap things back into position, or a rock hehehehe..... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really don't plan on much interstate driveing when the roads get icy, Everything I need during the winter is with in 12 to 20 blocks from the house anyways. But I'll probley get the ORD dissconect kit befor winter hits to be on the safe side. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Haven't had it on for about 6 months now. No problems other than high speed turns and wind gusts. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif