Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SWB Chevy 4x4 ... WANTED.. keep your eyes peeled if you know of 1 for sale.

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by rocko, Sep 20, 2003.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of any for sale.. we had a lead on one. it fell through I think.. never heard back from the guy.. We would be looking for one that run's, drives, and is in need of some work..
    Anyone have anything fitting this criteria.. let us know.. Central Texas or anywhere in Texas would be great..
    Oh.. and prices.. $1500 to $2000 range.

2. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Umbarger Texas, I'l get you a number in a couple days.
    Gorrilla /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

theres a 79 chevy in Abilene, but its $3900. 400SB, 15-35-15 boggers, auto, warn hubs, EZ locker, trophy winner. listed in the Thrifty Nickel (325) 692-7061 after 5PM

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

there's one in liberty hill i just looked at. its a 79. little rusted and in need of work but the guy wanted 2700 and could prob be talked down.

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Cool.. thanks guys.. keep yer eyes peeled..

6. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

rocko, it's been a real long time since I've been here and I see you are still buying up all the 4X4's in Texas. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Charles

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks Charles, how's life in the big city of Houston? How's the police work treating you? and is your Blazer together yet?

8. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Howdy. I seen a 78 in the Auto Trader magazine with a 6" lift and a 400ci for 2500. It's been in there since before I left for the Army so who knows if there's something realy wrong with it or what.
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

still have the 3/4 ton if interested, however it is a long bed, but has a 400/205 to make up for it

10. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

How about a 82 K30 with a 454 Your choice of 465 or TH400. D60, 14bolt with 4.10's, NP205. Black and siver exterior and black and dark grey interior. new seat, new headliner, new carpet, Kenwood stereo with 12" subwoofer, 108K miles and checked comp about 3 months ago and all cylinders were 140-150PSI.
    4" lift on 35x15 BFG's on black 15x10 rims. I even have a new factory 502 roller cam that i just haven't had time to put in yet.
    Only things wrong with it is the typicle Chevy wiper problem with turning on every once in a while by itself, paint is original and something i've been wanting to redo and i just put a dent in the tailgate with the tounge of my trailer hit it. It does leak some out out of the valve cover which i was going to replace when i put the cam in.
    The only reason i'm putting it up for sale is that i need a super of crew cab so i can haul the whole family with me when i take the jeep on a trip.
    It is my daily driver and tow vehicle. I just towed my Heep to Amarillo and back anbd would feel comfortable driving it across country. It gets 9-10 with out a trailer but with a trailer it willget betweeb 6-8 depending on speed.
    I won't put it on Ebay because i don't want some Fawking Ya-hoo getting my K30 and not knowing what they got.

I'm asking 4000. I know it's more than you are wanting to spend but it's a hell of a truck. And your the kind of driver i'd like to see get it. Call me.

11. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Don't meen to scare you.....
    But it's for his WIFE!
    Just figured I'd let you know! Miss you Charles! Say HI to Pam For me! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Matt.. thanks..
    It is for my wife, she's really wanting a shortbed.. I'd like to see pictures of the truck.. I'd like to have a longbed again someday... I will call you.

13. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Charlie,
    I went down to Copperas Cove to pick up some springs from Bruce last night and saw an 80 SWB for sale. It was at this dealer. Thought you might be interested.
    Motor Pool Auto Sales
    2614 East Highway 190, Copperas Cove, TX 76522
    (254) 542-4818

Ray

14. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Short bed, white, 454, $5000!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It's been there for about 2 months and counting! Very nice truck but he's firm on the $5000 CASH! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Charles I found one here in Longview for you. It's a 86 SWB,350,465,10 bolts,4" lift, New 35x12.50R15 and really all it needs is some TLC and a paint job. The body is straight with little to no rust at all. He is asking 3800.00 but he said he would come down to 3500.00 or even more if someone was serious. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif If you want I can get pics probably tomorrow.

Let me know.

Eric

16. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

any pics are greatly appreciated.. thanks for being on the lookout guys..