Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sweet Lord, how did this happen?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Oct 20, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I made up a big list of all the stuff that I've done to my Blazer...ever. Just got done updating it tonight. I also added up the cost of everything, the best I could. So far it looks like I have $12,434.22 in the truck. Here's the sad part. Only $425 of that is for the purchase price of the Blazer! Ouch

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Jeez. That's a lot of money. I just added up what I had in my S-10 Blaze and it came up to over $12750. The only difference is that I spent $6400 on my truck. If I had a truck like yours, though, I would gladly spend that much on the truck. With mine, it just seems like a money pit.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thoes #s are the only reason I DONOT add up my recipts!! I am VERY affraid of the number I would come up with!![​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hope this helps you feel better..........you are NOT the only one with that kind of investment/problem/addiction.......[​IMG] Beats a $550 truck payment now doesn't it????????????????

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

my $10 was a money pit that was worth nothing, I paid 10,000 for it thinking that I would get my wife a reliable family car, 3 years and $11,000 later I was able to unload it onto some unsespecting soul for............

keep going

$1000.00
    that's sad isn't it but I am glad it's gone
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Damn Klunky, hmmmm you sell'n crack or something?? That's a hell of a lot of money you got tied up in that. Is the body still mangled like it was the last time I saw it?? Well, I was on the same rode with mine too. Basically I had it where I wanted it mechanically wise, with the exception of needing a new engine and gears. Really, all I had left to do was body work and a little bit of interior work and it would have been around that much too. Hmmmm, the next Blazer I get, I'm going to keep all the receipts and everything in a folder. Later man.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

7. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

ROFLMAO, I hear ya. I traded a gun for mine that I had around 300 bucks in. Now I am up in the 12 grand range on mine, but thats winch, lockers, gears. Everything.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

8. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I haven't added up all the numbers but I would say I've spent about $12 on mine since August last year when I bought it and I've got another $4 planned by next summer. I can't wait until I get out of school and get a good job, then I can really spend some cash!

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I added up everything a little while ago, so theres more now...but it was about $5500 since 4/24/99 when I bought it fro $7K. That doesn't include gas either. I'm only 17 and I don't know where that money even came from.

90K5

10. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm not going to add up what we've spent... I bought one Blazer for a project.. and ended up with 2.. Go figure.. I might have 3 by tomorrow..

It's better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it !

11. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I know exactly how you feel. I bought mine for 5000 when i was a junior in high school. Now two years later as a freshman in college i have an additional 3500 in it. Where all that money came from i dont know. I am pretty happy with the outcome right now. Even though i have many, many more plans.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

12. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Hope the wife doesn't add up my stuff. She's questioning why all these packages are coming to the door but she isn't getting anything new. Running out of excuses.

13. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Try mine, after the truck, axels, gears, tires , transfercase, liner, seats transmission, lift, crossover, on and on and on, not including normal maintenence. My total is about 18000, not including normal maintenece from drivin this thing daily[​IMG] also doesnt include the trailor i just bought for the looooooooong hauls!!!! HEHEH, god I love this sport, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

14. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

What do you mean selling crack Alex??? Was it my gold plated Lexus that clued you in? lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

15. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Ahhhhh SH!AT!! That's what it was man. Well, since I don't have a Blazer, I have to envy your's. Let's go wheeling sometime. I'm not out too bad, at least I get to drive the Vette for the time being. LOL Later bro.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

16. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Oh joy...now I know what I need to male to keep my Blazer running...I just bought mine bout a month and half ago for $1750. I dumped $250 in for new batteries and cables, $50 glow plugs and installation (anyone wanna help me pull em?), oil, filters, passenger side headlight bezel (the boat caught em), headlights, wiper motor, tranny fluid (anyone wanna tell me how to find this damn leak?), and the one thing you can't leave out...Diesel prices..hey I know I get 25+mpg...I still must complain!! Laters

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com