Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sweet one sighted!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Mar 26, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Saw a beautiful red late model (maybe 88 or so) 2wd blazer in OKC about a month ago at a carshow. This thing was pristine, snapped a pic. Will post soon as I get a scanner. I've never been a big fan of 2wd blazers, but this one here is one I'd love to own. Be an awesome tow vehicle and road trip hauler!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Well it wasn't mine, but hopefully one day you are in OKC you might see mine and say the same. But I need a lot of time and money before this will be the case.

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i didnt think they made a 2wd after 81......maybe a front clip swapped in to an older model?

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

4. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Re: 2WD stopped production in 82

Guess it must have been a front clip then. Easy enough to do and fairly common I'd guess... Anyways, it sure looked sweet. Yeah, I'll stay on the lookout cusm!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

6. 1badgmc

1badgmc Registered Member

Did that Blazer happen to have some small flames on it and some 17" Budnik Pentacle wheels? If so, then I know the one you're talking about. That would be Jason, the owner of Route 66 Sport Trucks up there in OKC. If that's not it, then I don't have a clue. ;)
    I know of a nice slammed yellow '79 in Altus, OK and a pretty nice yellow '80's model running around here in Wichita Falls, Texas.

7. blazin79

blazin79 Registered Member

Do you know where Route 66 SportTrucks is located, I wouldn't mind going by there and checking out the blazer you were talking about. Sounds like a killer blazer.

79 2wd Blazer

8. 1badgmc

1badgmc Registered Member

Sorry there, blazin79. I made a boo-boo. The red one I was thinking about from Route 66 was a late-model Tahoe. Still looks sweet, though.

BTW: You can have a 2wd that's newer than '82. My project is proof. It's an '84 Jimmy 2wd. Formerly a 4x4, but with a '91 Sub 2wd front suspension.