Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sweet tea

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruthven13, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

What the heck is it?!?! I keep hearing the southerners talking about it, yet have no idea what it is. Please help a yankee out will ya? :grin:

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

:yikes:

Certainly you're not serious?!

It is the nectar of the gods, the drink of the royals, the best thing to hit mankind since...well, sliced bread. It rocks so damn hard that you'll have a drawl within a week. :waytogo:

It's just iced tea brewed with a crapload of sugar. Goes good with anything.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I concur

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

5. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I knew you were from North Carolina when when you replied in that fashion...

Sweet Tea is not the Nectar of the Gods.... in fact, it may well be called the Nectar of Satan and high dental bills....

My kid goes to North Carolina for the summer to live with his mom, and when he comes back he is always about 5 lbs lighter than when he was here, but he's fatter... like he comes back with a beer gut and smokers cough...

All he drinks when he is there is sweet tea... even though I have repeatedly told her he can't have any... he's 5 years old and has 3 cavities... he brushes his teeth twice a day.... how sad is that? I love sweet tea, but I don't drink it to excess when I am down south... in fact, I try to stay away from it at all costs because of the damage it does to my teeth. It's more corrosive than mountain dew. I old my ex-wife to stop giving him sweet tea, and she said she no longer uses 2 cups of sugar per gallon and is now down to 1 cup per gallon... !!!!! wtf!!

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hell ya :D :D :D

7. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

what???????? :dunno: That's just one more reason I'd never live up north.

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Blasphemer! You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

(kidding)

I've been drinkin tea for almost 19 years and I've never had a cavity :dunno:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Take it easy on the Yankee, they don't comprehend Southern sophistication................

10. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I've been drinking sweet tea all my life. I'm 31 years old and just had my first cavity about 6 months ago. If someone gets fat or cavities it ain't the tea. It's too much time on the sofa and not enough brushin of da toofies. :D

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I used to drink it all the time growing up... In the last few years, though, I've enjoyed regular ice tea instead... Sometimes I'll throw some sugar in the glass though :)

12. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

x2!

I've got 2 kids (2 & 6) that live on sweet tea, neither has ever had a cavity.

Regular? I always thought that was unsweetened. :p:

13. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

last summer work sent me north 3 times :eek: for robotic program training of different sorts. There was no such thing as decent sweet tea up there! :( Started going through withdrawl from not having any. :eek1: How do you live where you cannot get sweet tea? :dunno: Could not find none in a bottle either that did not have some strange flavor added to it. :confused: Now saying something about going back to clevland :frown1: Anther week with no sweet tea? :mad: Not going untill sure winter is gone in yankee land. 70's with lows in the middle 40's here :cool: last time got home drank a gallon in a couple hours. :grin: wife made sure to have it when she picked me up. :deal:
    clean your coffee pot we don't drink that stuff in my house no way. a few bags of tea run the water through it and anther 1/2 gallon water plus to cups sugar let get cold in the fridge and drink with ice. :p: add some rum after a hard day at the shop :laugh: in a couple glasses.

14. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

the best imitation of it in stores is made by lipton in the glass bottles "extra sweet southern style", but the way the yankees speak it doesnt exist there

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

damned yankees!

on a side note, http://www.beacondrivein.com/index.htm is some really good bottled sweet tea. Best tea Ive ever had out of a bottle. Course, I was drinkin it on break while working construction, so may have added to why it was so good, but it was dang good.

16. PhoenixZorn

Don't get me wrong guys... I love the taste of the stuff... I just can't see it being a replacement for water, which is what y'all down in Nort Cakalaki have done with it... if you are thirsty, you drink sweet tea... if you are hungry, you drink sweet tea... it just doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather have it as a treat than as a staple...

17. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i drink sweet tea with ever meal i eat, its my water. and well i eat alot so i consume large amounts of sweet tea, my fav drink

18. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

is it just me or does every freakin bottle sweat tea give me a headache and have wayyy too much lemon in it, like that brisk stuff. yuck!

19. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

WOW! Didn't know it had such a following! I can feel my teeth melting just reading about it! That is on my list of things to try when I make it down south. The boiled peanuts aren't making the list though! :laugh: Yeah, I really don't use sugar for anything. I always drink unsweetened tea. Not for health reasons, I just don't like sugar. And anykind of sweetner other that sugar is jus plain gross! Thanks for the enlightenment guys :grin:

20. PhoenixZorn

Boiled Peanuts are the win!!... I have 2 bags in the freezer right now... I make them all different ways too, plain salty, cajun, "Blow your socks off HOT" and everything in between. Hell... I'll even ship them if you've never tried them before...