Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sweet!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ARAMP1, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Well, I finally have a free weekend coming up, so I broke down and bought all new stuff to re-do the front end. I've already got new tie rod and drag link ends, new steering box and I just installed an XJ steering shaft. The steering is tight as hell already. I can't wait to put in the new king pin bushings and springs. While I've got the front end apart, I'm doing all new seals and bearings. I got all new poly bushings too. Damn, I'm stoked!

Front Suspension Rebuild Parts.JPG

2. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

How well did that steering shaft tighten thigs up on your steering?

~Brian

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Where did you get the king pin & spring sets? I need just that bt most places have the bigger kits.

4. ARAMP1

Immensely! However, the disclaimer to this is that I also tightened the steering box too. Don't know which one thing helped the most, but I do know that I replaced my rag joint about 3 months ago (so it was in good condition) and the XJ shaft by itself felt a whole lot tighter. So, all that being said, it’s like night and day.

5. ARAMP1

Got it from our friends at ORD. The website says $17, but when I called them it was $18. Whatever. No sweat here. Shipping to me was $10. I went to O'Reilly's and they couldn't get the springs, but the bushings themselves were more than the ORD kit.