Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sweetness!!! ALPINES!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Big Red, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

i am the luckiest 18yr old right now. formy gradparty, my parents and friends chipped in and got me the Alpine CDA-9805 and a set of Alpine SPS-690A's!! im in heaven! i hooked the 6x9's too a stearo in my friends car and they sound soooo nice!!! ok, now heres the question. does anyone know how much air the enclosure must be? or is that type of thing a subwoofer only? i dunno...im too psyched out to think straight...they sooo perty!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Did you get a manual with them? If so there may be a specs page in it. You could also try Alpines website. Oh, and Happy Birthday /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

they didn't say. i checked the manual and the box. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and btw, it was my graduation party, not b-day party /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll check the website though. thanx.

4. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

ok, even their website doesn't say.So now what? do i give them a 1/2 Cube of space? or don't worry about it? I was thinking I could mount my subs (gonna be their type-E's or Type-S's (probably the latter of the two) similar to Greg72's setup and make the rear half of the box all one peice (basically extending all the way to the tailgate and using the fender as the outer wall). I dunno. I still gotta take lots of measurements again. cus i just realized i changed my subs (sold the Sony P5's to a buddy yesterday for $150-first type-S bought /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) So, hopefully i can get the box as one peice i can lift out if need be....hey! i can mount my amps on them too! the ideas are flowin today! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif