Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Switching to manual Hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sharkman726, Apr 29, 2003.

1. sharkman726

sharkman726 Registered Member

Just wanted to know how easy is it to switch to manual hubs on a 90 Blazer. Also do I need the adaptor kit? I don't think I do but someone said I do. I am sure this has been asked before but being a FNG figured I'd ask. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I believe that you just buy the manual hubs and install them. Should be more or less easy to do. Well worth the effort too.

3. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

Easy install.... about 15 minutes a side. my 86 didn't need and adapter kit but I had to remove the inner stub shaft retaining c-clip(left the washer in place) to make it fit. The hub retains the axle anyways so no need for the inner c-clip

4. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

It's easy to do...REAL easy. You only need the adapter if you have auto hubs with 3 screws on them. If yours has 5, you don't need one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I replaced my auto's to manual on my 90 Blazer. I was told that I HAD to ger a conversion kit (new hub nuts) but when I pulled out the old hub's I found out that I didn't have to replace the nuts.

Dan...

6. sharkman726

Ok so I am outside working on switching my hubs out. Get the old one out. How far do I go? Do I leave the clip in and put in the new hub or pull that out and the washer as well. I went to do the float test (warn) and no float? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

If I remember correctly, I had to pull the washer and all out to get it to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. sharkman726

T /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifhanks to all. got them in and all seems well. Will do the real test Sat.