Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SX8000 Nitrogen Shocks?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BIG B., Jul 31, 2003.

1. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

I plan on buying the 4" tuff country front springs, steering arm, and SX8000 nitrogen shocks from the web site. I just wanted to know how good those shocks were and who makes them. I dont think that anything crappy would come from ORD so I am not to worried. Just real curious I guess.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm not sure who the original manufacturer is, I know there's only a couple of shock manufacturers out there and they build everybody's brand name shocks so for all I know you could be getting shocks off the same line as Rancho.
    The TCI's are a good entry grade shock. Their not crappy shocks but they're also not a bilstein. For a shock you pay $35.00 for, they do a good job. What we're finding is a lot of enthusiast type guys save some money on the shocks when they first do their suspension since it's easy to spend over a grand on misc. details, then they go back after a while and upgrade shocks and mount. If you want the good stuff right away, pony up for some gas monotube shocks, but be aware they all cost $100 or more.