Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SX8000's shocks???

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by smokkey1, Feb 10, 2004.

1. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

SX8000\'s shocks???

steph, are the sx8000 shocks any good. I need a set for my 90 sub with an 4" lift. also are they offered for lifts between 4-6" of lift in case i decide to put in the zero rates down the line. and what would be the part number, hopes this makes sense.

thanks,
    justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: SX8000\'s shocks???

Shock durability and quality go up with cost, so keep that in mind.
    Overall, the TCI shocks are pretty good, I was happy with the set on my 'burb and I've run them on my K5 also. They're not bilsteins or even the MX6's, but then they don't cost $100 each.
    Their 4" lift shocks work pretty well with up to a 5", I don't think you'll have any problems with leveling the truck out with zero rates. Before you mount any shocks, I'd consider the extended shock towers for the front, the front shocks are almost always too short for the suspension to cylcle fully.

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

thanks stef, my sub has the quad setup up front, whould it be ok to run single tuff countrys shocks up front? I figure for $35 each from you guys I'll see if I like them or not.I have the 4" tc ezrides up front and the 4" flip for the rear waiting to be installed.anyways what's the part number so I can order an set early next week.

thanks

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Going to a single shock on the front should be fine.
    When you order, just tell us you have a 4" lift and we'll get it from there. I can't remember the part# off the top of my head so we can get it later, no problem.