Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SYE 1ton CVDriveshaft?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by digity, Jan 17, 2007.

1. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

Looking for any feedback from anyone who has done business with driveshaftsuperstore.com. And yes I am aware most people here do business with Jesse at highangle however these guys are quoting me 200dollars less and I am on a very tight budget. Thanks in advance.:laugh:

2. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

I don't know about there GM prodcuts but in the Jeep world they have a pretty poor name. Out of round shafts, bad welds, out of ballance, cheap parts are just some of the problems with the shafts they turn out for Jeeps. This is not to mention the poor customer service.

Some of this was hear say and some was first hand experience. I am sure others will have some input also. If I could not use HAD I would find someone local to do my work.

3. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

You might try South Bay driveline. They are not too far away from you ( in San Jose). The DS he built for me has been working very well since I installed it the day before I left for Moab. He gave me very simple instructions on the measurements he needed to build it and when I got it home it fit perfectly.

It wasn't inexpensive though. I'd be careful with going cheap on that kinda stuff. You don't want a 4 foot piece of steel rotating at 1000's of RPM to fly off when you're driving down the freeway. :)

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Isn't there a good driveline in Tracy?
    I think Tracy driveline is their name.

5. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

I dnt think so but will look into it Im in Brentwood now. I know of two in stockton but had badluck with one them. I wanna get a shortsft sye and it lookslike only this driveshaft superstore is the only one tht has one apparently JBs only works on certain 241.s not mine? Any suggestions?

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well do you have a 241 or a 208?
    You can convert either with parts from a Dodge Tcase and then just get a regular CV shaft made, it will cost you less and end up with a better product.
    :D

7. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

Can you explain in detail that sounds interesting:bow: :D

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

PM me so I can get in detail with you.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Jason, like i told you the other day, the short SYE will work on your t-case even though it is a passenger drop since you have the electric speedo. If yours was the mechanical speedo then you could only use the standard SYE kit.

10. harlynk5

harlynk5 Newbie

Jesse makes great drivelines. remember, you get what you pay for!