Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SYE / Driveshaft questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Jul 25, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Is this Flange worth using on a 241
    [​IMG]
    They call it a SYE, but I know the one from JD Conversions is a real SYE, this seems a little sketchy to me, but I'm still toying with ideas.

Anybody ever deal with driveshaftsuperstore.com ?

2. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

Looks like the Neapco I have on the shelf - got it by mistake. It doesn't have a hole in the end, and it is nearly a foot long, I think it is a flange for a slip yoke.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That company has done business under quite a few website names - driveshaftsuperstore.com, arizonadrivelines.com, gloeco.com, and others. I have no direct experience with their products, but in my mind, any business that radically changes their website name repeatedly, while still in the same line of business, is covering something up.
    I'll let the members who have had good and bad dealings with them do the talking from here...

Anyhoo, onto that flange... All it does is eliminate the slip yoke. It bolts to the end of the output shaft, allowing you to bolt a yoke to it. It does not eliminate the long output housing, therefore it doesn't give you any extra driveshaft length. I personally wouldn't use it.

4. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I knnew what it did, just didn't know if anyone had tried it and if it was worth a flip :crazy: I guess the only advantage would be that the slip would now be in the shaft instead of in the tailhousing of the TC. That should get rid of some of the bind, ya think?

And thanks for the heads up on driveshaftsuperstore. :doah: