Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SYE NP208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 27, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone ever done the conversion? Wondering what all I would need. Dodge NP208 donor correct?

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I know of two ways: using a combination of dodge and GM parts and the goofey kit arizona drivelines sells. I am not famiar with the specifics of either (although I have heard the dodge is the way to go)

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone ever done the conversion? Wondering what all I would need. Dodge NP208 donor correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Andykhmaniac. His sig reads, "I SYE 208s"

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I did mine using dodge parts. You need the dodge rear half of the case, tailshaft housing and mainshaft. See my webshots for pics of mine.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever messed with the Heep Cherokee parts ? Found one today in a JY. Odd critter, LH drop. Model "208 AM"

6. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Yes I have cherokee 208 parts in my truck. The rear half bolts on to the GM 208 minus one bolt. And if you do not do anything else but bolt it there it will leake oil in 4 places (do not ask me how I know...). It do not anymore because I made a "gasket" of thin steel, 1mm, and instant gasket on each side. It is perfect for me, my 208 is upside down but with cherokee rear half the breather on the output housing is pointing in the right direction. And no slip yoke anymore/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Ohtervise it fits like it was ment to be there. Atleast the rearoutput shaft is 32 spline, did not check the front because I do not use it.