Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SYE Yoke size problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jun 23, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I want to get a SYE for my burb's NP241 and then a High Angle Drivelines CV shaft to get rid of the vibes from my burb. The only problem I'm having is with the yoke sizes they offer. It comes with a 1310 yoke that needs to be machined down 1/4" and they say their kit is compatible with a few other spicer yokes of different sizes, the only size that they say can be CV style is a 1330, which is again, unacceptable to me. I want to run at least 1350's all around as that is what I have now but I might go 1410's if its not too expensive. So, what should I do about the yoke situation? Would the guy at High Angle be able to help me? I know the price for the SYE is $340, how much am I lookin at for the rear shaft? I'd like to get this done before I move to college (+- 2 months). Right now, the only issue holding me back is the CV compatible pinion yoke. The SYE I'm looking at is the JB Conversions one BTW and can be viewed here . Thx

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Jesse has a patent on a flange that is 32 spline and made for this 1350 CV. This is why you can't find one from JB.

Give him a ring or email him (call him he's a cool guy) and he will hook you up.

1350 is the biggest Spicer CV that is offered.

Typically he'll run ya a 1410 on the pinion of your axle but if you prefer he can make that a 1350 as well. He can also make you a long travel shaft if you need it.

Just call Jesse, he's the man!!

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Depending on the year you have the 2 choices on the kit itself (super short or regular) and it's not a problem to fit any 32 spline yoke to them. Depending on the lift, you may not need a CV in a 'burb, we just put a 1350 yoke on the 241 we swapped into my 'burb and don't have any vibration problems. I think you could run without a CV up to a 6" lift or so with minimal hassle. We can cut the yoke for you and send it with the kit if you want. There's not a very big delete credit for the 1310 CV yoke, they're apparently a dime a dozen, but it would save you a little bit. If you have the '89 or newer 241, I'd recommend the super short kit, a longer driveshaft rarely hurts anything.
    The 1350 CV flange is available several places if that's what you need but if you don't have to have the CV, I'd avoid it. Ujoints are way better if they work for you just because of the simplicity.

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm working on this right now myself. I'm going with the 1350 non-CV. Just so you don't end up in a predicament like I have, make sure whoever is machining it only takes off the length. The guy I ordered from, when I requested he machine it down .250, did it on the outside diameter instead of the length /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. So I am going to have to run the seal that came with the kit, which of course I trashed when I replaced it with the one for the 1350 yoke, and I also had to have it machined down lengthwise at a local shop for some extra $. So far I'm out $170, for a yoke! Youza!

On a happier note, my new Tom Woods custom shaft was ordered today and I should have it the middle of next week.

Some other little things to note from my experience installing the SYE this past week... I found that the brace that holds the transfer case to the tranny bellhousing had a broken off bolt. Another broken bolt where the case mounts to the adapter, and the tranny mount was shot. I suppose it would be a good idea to check those things from time to time. I'm using Loctite generously this time around, too!