Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Synchronized 205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77fixer, Mar 21, 2002.

1. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any info on these? They do exist. I found out today after a couple hours at the transmission warehouse trying to find a bushing. I kind of like the idea of not banging gears when I shift on the fly, but the Hi range front output gear uses a bushing instead of the roller bearings and they tell me the gear and the bushing have both been discontinued. Also the bearing in the rear cover is smaller. I have never heard of this version before, it came in an 83 std cab dually with the 6.2/465. Any thoughts.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If your hubs are locked it shouldn't bang or need a synchonizer to shift between 2 hi and 4 hi.

Rene

3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have shifted my 205 from 2 hi to 4 hi with my hubs in and it went right in. I was on packed snow, I pushed the clutch in and slammed it in fast. No bang, in fact at first I had to wonder if it went in. I don't think I was going that fast though, maybe 40mph? Maybe I just got lucky. Anyhow, just my 2 cents./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mike.

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I do this every night on my way home.
    It is almost a ritual now.
    Just before the turn off I get out and lock in the hubs, then when I turn off and it gets sticky I push in the pedal and grab 4hi and keep on going.
    No bangin it just slids right in.

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

yep, if everything is spinnin at the same speed its easy as an oil change/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Ruthiford

Ruthiford Registered Member

I could be wrong but I thought that the th 400 205's were synchroed but I think that you can interchange the parts If you can find the synchronizer assembly and related hard wear.(just my 2 cents if its worth that much)

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I HAD ONE I SENT IT TO STEVE AT O.R.D. BECAUSE I WANTED THE 32 SPLINE SET UP SO I CAN RUN 1410 YOKES. THIS SET UP WAS MATED TO A TH400 AND THE COVER PART THAT HOLDS THE SHAFT END IS A LITTLE SMALLER. STEVE DID SAY THIS TYPE WAS VERY RARE.