Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Systems in Blazers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockaFella, Oct 29, 2002.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

Anyone Have a System In There Blazer? I was just wondering Making sure i aint a odd ball I have a 200 Watt Boss Amp Running to 2 10 Inch Sony Xplod's, Jensen Tweeters and a 6x9 Xplod For my Doors Its Helps me think When im Offroading..Dont ask How Let Me know what ya Have /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

ya might try the AUDIO forum.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

There's nothing wrong with being an oddball. Yes, there are others with systems in Blazers.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Yeah, if you go to the audio section, you will see that a lot of guys are running big systems in Blazers. They are a good platform because there are lots of places with wasted space good for speakers, amps, X-overs, etc.

As for your system, it sounds like a decent start.

To answer your question, I run a CD mp3 head unit and passive EQ in the dash, (2) subs (big bandpass box), (4) 6x9's, (2) 3 1/2's (dash), (1) 4x10 (center of dash, mid-bass only), (2) tweeters on the A-pillars and (4) aimable tweeters in the back. There is one amp on the sub box (2x300) and two amps under the drivers seat: 2x80 for the dash speakers and 2x150 for the rear speakers. I guess that's over 1000 Watts. Good thing I have two alternators because I have a lot of other electrical stuff, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

hey, i got a nice system.. check out my pictures from "my blazer picture" link but i upgraded from the single 10 to dual 12's.

6. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

well I had 2 12" woofers, a phoenix gold 550 watt amp, alpine 400 watt amp, etc etc, but the amount of bumps I hit offroad broke both amps. It kinda pissed me off, so I took it out and put what I could in my car.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i think i got all ya'll beat..im running a single 3.5 in the dash..what now!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    im running a single 3.5 in the dash..what now!!??

[/ QUOTE ]

How about an 8-Track player? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You aren't an oddball.....check the "Audio" section. There are some insane systems in Blazers, as you will discover after spending a few minutes around those guys!

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    There's nothing wrong with being an oddball. Yes, there are others with systems in Blazers.

-K05Aggie
    '89 K5

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic from an aggie. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

BTW, TTU rocks the house. LOL

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

my system consists of, an old stock ford 6x9, (though it dont look like a 6" x 9"... but its the same shape) sitting on my rear bench seat, and a cd player, pretty freaking crappy sometimes the speaker falls off the seat so i have to use the magnet to mount it on my floor..........

12. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I have an awesome system in my K30. Stock AM radio and single speaker in the center. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And it even has a really cool feature where you can hit the dash to tune it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In my K10 I have a JVC CD player, 2 6x9s hooked to a 250 watt amp, and a single 10 in. sony sub powered by a 600 watt Kenwood amp.

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Alpine cd/mp3 head unit, Memphis power refence 3.5" dash speakers, MTX 3000 components behind the front seats, 2-10 MTX black golds pushed by a 400watt Memphis Signture series amp. Have 2-8in MTX black golds waiting on another amp then I have to build a new box. Custom rear deck.
    mids install
    subs and stuff

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My plans for the system for my Blazer are way bigger then my bank account.

15. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

systems, ahhh yes thats is why i am deaf now. ive had 3 cars with systems in them, well ones that i would call systems any way
    my old 89 blazer had:
    4 kenwood execelon 201T's
    4 12" kicker comp vr's
    2 6.5 polk dx's
    2 3.5 polk dx's
    2 rockford 55.2's
    then enters the 94 Z-28
    2 6.5 polk dx's
    2 6.5S pioneer priemer's
    1 orion HCCA 225R
    1 kenwood execelon 201t
    1 lanzar E30 EQ
    1 stinger 1 farad cap
    2 kicker comp vr's
    then returns the k5 lifestyle with my current jimmy
    2 6.5 polk dx's
    2 stock 3.5's
    2 infinity referance 12's
    1 kenwood 600 amp
    this system is hurting right now, but i am in the process of making it loud and i just started anyway
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. 87project

87project Registered Member

I did have a Alpine sytem/w 10's,&amp; 6x9's,until some crackhead decided he needed it more about 2 weeks ago.Thank God I sprung for full coverage on the POS project /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif