Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-350 Vacuum line / 203 drain plug

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ellero, May 3, 2007.

1. ellero

ellero Registered Member

I have an 84 K5 that had a 700r4 and a NP208. I broke them in half and not have installed a 78 T-350 / NP203 with a part time kit.

The T-350 has a place to connect a vacuum line at the rear but my 700r4 never did because it was computer controlled. Can I connect this into any vacuum line by the carb, or is there a specific place it has to be run too? Also, what is the purpose of the vacuum conection on the T-350? I assume its important or it wouldnt be there. Also it is currently not connected to anything and the truck barley wants to move.

Next is the NP 203 with the part time kit. Boy was that fun installing without a tranny jack. Does anyone know where the drain plug is on it? I found a filler plug in the rear, but cant find the drain plug anywhere. Please help as I need to get this thing running very soon. I am moving in a month.

John
    im_john@msn.com
    760-214-8251

2. gibby2268

gibby2268 1/2 ton status

The 203 doesn't have a specific drain plug. Looking at it from the rear, take one of the bottom bolts out that hold the round plate on.
    The Th350 vacuum modulator should be hooked to a vacuum port on the intake manifold. The way I understand it, it will shift very harshly if you dont have it hooked up.