Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-Case Adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Canuck, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

The t-case shifter lever seems as though it is too far down ie: 1/2 inch below each indication. The t-case will not stay in 4-hi. How do I adjust this??? Is it as simple as the threaded rod attached to the t-case or is it something more difficult??

Canuck

BTW: Happy New Year to everyone on the K5 page

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming you have the NP208 t-case. If so, the shifter adjustment is critical. It is detailed in the manual (HELM). If not adjusted properly, the range fork will go out (I'm on about my 5th one). If you use the truck hard and it has lots of body flex, I removed the gate from the floor shifter. This way there is less chance of putting stress on the range fork. There are internal shift detents in the t-case.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have a body lift? i read on here that sometimes it messes up the linkage and it won't stay in the right gear.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

4. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Yes it is a 208, and no there is no body lift on the Blazer. I had a quick look and could see there is a threaded rod with a linkage. I'll have a better look later on this week when I can get it on a lift.

Thanks for the input so far.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home