Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T case bound up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rambler, Jun 7, 2002.

1. rambler

rambler Registered Member

Hi,
    I am new to the board, but I have been watching it for a bit now. This is by far the best K5 resource out there. In short this site rocks!

As to my problem, I haven't been in 4wd since winter and the other day I tried putting it into 4 and the Tcase would not budge.

It has always been hard to shift into 4wd, but now it almost impossible, and it feels like I am going to snap the lever off.

Last time it was in the shop for new rotors the guy said that one of the hubs was shattered or something, but I would assume that that is an entirely different problem and shouldn't affect shifting into 4(first thing's first).

I believe the t-case is a 208? Its obviously a part time system, and it is the lighter weight of the transfercases.

Any info on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

2. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Put your tranny in neutral first and then try.

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

i experienced the same thing with a 77 K10 (4spd, np205) that I had.. except it was stuck in 4lo after sitting for a few months.. the truck was bone stock.. What I ended up doing was driving it around up and down the street and got the transfercase warmed up and lubed up and it eventually started shifting.. after it was worked in, it went back to normal. I think they get gunked up or just too dry.. try driving around with the hubs locked for a while

mike