Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T-case bracket

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MuddyMudSkipper, Mar 19, 2002.

1. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

After helping a friend install his new clutch over the weekend I noticed that his t-case has a bracket with bushings that mounts to the frame for additional support. Mine doesn't have one. It probably should right? His blazer is a 70 just like mine but he is running a Dana 20 and I have a NP 205.
    Jeff

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

You can bet Ill get one! after cracking 2 trannies the trannie guy told me about the bracket. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

M71 with M465 /NP204 and 72 with TH350/NP205 both have the bracket. You should have a couple of holes in the bottom of the frame where yours "was". GM still has the rubber cushions.
    Good luck
    JB

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There should also be some corresponding holes in the side of the frame for the upper bushing bracket...

5. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Steve is right. The bracket is L-shaped and bolts along the bottom and side frame rails. I assume your frame will have these holes, as it appears to be a production characteristic.
    JB

6. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

Can anyone email me a picture of the bracket? i would like to know exactly what Im looking for before I go hunting the junkyards for one.
    Jeff
    jeffreyb07_@hotmail.com